Thanks to nearly 10,000 bars and restaurants around the world, Negroni Week 2018 raised $585,879 in donations! That means to date, Negroni Week has raised almost $2 million for charitable causes. For the second consecutive year, this year’s top fundraiser was Kettner Exchange in San Diego, which means that in addition to receiving the donations raised via the Negroni Week website, their chosen charity, One More Wave, will receive a $10,000 donation from Campari and Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits. One More Wave provides ocean therapy and custom surfing equipment to military veterans who are dealing with anxiety, depression and PTSD. “The donations received from Negroni Week are impacting One More Wave in a powerful way,” says Kyle Buckett, CEO of One More Wave. “During 2018, One More Wave reached a record-breaking number of applications. The funds we receive from Negroni Week could not come at a better time, as the demand for our equipment is only increasing. Because of the establishments that supported One More Wave during Negroni Week, not only were we able to raise much-needed funds, but also raise awareness of our mission and the veterans we are dedicated to serving.”
Imbibe also randomly selected a participating Negroni Week venue to receive an additional $7,500 donation for their chosen charity, and this year Sportsman’s Club in Chicago was selected, which means their chosen charity, the Northwest Immigrant Rights Project, received this additional donation. “Being part of Negroni Week has not only helped us raise critical funding to defend and advance immigrant rights during a time when those rights are under attack, it has allowed us to build relationships with bars and restaurant patrons and staff members throughout our community,” says Raul Alvarez, Development and Communications Coordinator for NWIRP. “Thanks to Negroni Week, we have expanded our reach to many more community members who are interested in supporting our mission.”
The money raised for this year’s charity partners will support a range of amazing causes. Here are some ways this year’s donations will help:
* No Kid Hungry will be able to provide hungry children with more than 472,090 meals.
* Lovin’ Spoonfuls will be able to rescue over 10,500 pounds of food and provide over 8,600 meals to Boston residents.
* PAWS will be able to care for more than 8,500 cats, dogs and wild animals this year.
* CORE will be able to provide 15 grants to 15 food and beverage service industry families navigating life-altering circumstances.
* The Lowcountry Food Bank will be able to provide over 11,784 meals to people across coastal South Carolina.
* Water for People will be able to reach nearly 500 people with lasting access to reliable water services.
* The Giving Kitchen will be able to provide grants to several Atlanta-area hospitality workers facing unanticipated hardships.
* Muttville will be able to provide microchips to all of their senior rescue dogs.
* City Harvest will be able to feed over 26,000 New Yorkers facing hunger.
* The Greater Chicago Food Depository will be able to provide the equivalent of 20,541 meals to people struggling with hunger.
We’d like to extend a HUGE thank you to all of the bars, restaurants and retailers that participated in Negroni Week this year, and to our incredible charity partners. And, of course, to everyone who supported their favorite participating venues during the week and our amazing sponsors, Campari, Beefeater Gin, Bols Genever, Cinzano and Bulldog Gin.
Stay tuned for an announcement of dates for Negroni Week 2019, and until then, be sure to toast this incredible collective effort with a Negroni!