Imbibe Media, Inc., dba Imbibe Magazine (“Imbibe,” or “Company”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with third-party services hosted on our website, such as commenting platforms and sweepstakes or promotional applications.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
2. The Kinds of Information We Collect About You, and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, passwords, telephone number, credit card number, physical address, security clues, and user comments (if you include personal information in them) (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as IP address, device and browser activity information; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, and automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, flash cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- We also collect this information from third parties, for example, our business partners and outside vendors.
3. Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
(a) Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided when you register to use our Website, submit editorial content, or place classified ads. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
(b) Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
(c) Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
(d) Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
(e) Your search queries on the Website.
(f) You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
4. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
(a) Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
(b) Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
(c) We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
(d) The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
(i) Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
(ii) Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
(iii) Speed up your searches.
(iv) Recognize you when you return to our Website.
(e) The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
(ii) Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
(iii) Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
(f) Do Not Track. This Website responds to Do Not Track requests from your browser.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
6. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you; to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us; to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Communications with You. From time to time, we may use your personal information to send email messages to you regarding your account, to respond to any emails or other communications you send to us, and/or to advise you of any problems with this website. In addition, if you are a registered user of this website, we may use a bulk email service to send messages with information about services and events that we believe you may be interested in. You may opt-out of receiving future newsletters and marketing communications from this website by contacting us directly at enews @imbibemagazine.com, or by following the “unsubscribe” process at the bottom of the promotional email. If you are not a registered user of this website, we will not send bulk emails to you. Except for email messages that you send to us, we will not monitor or edit the contents of your email, and we will not disclose your emails except as described above. The content of our emails to you may be tailored to your specific interests based on your registration profile information or website visitor data.
7. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Imbibe’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Imbibe about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Imbibe, our customers or others.
8. User Contributions
9. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising. Our systems respond to “do not track” signals from your browser. The “help” function of your browser should contain instructions on how to set your browser to not accept new cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or how to disable cookies altogether.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to enews @imbibemagazine.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions, or simply click the “unsubscribe” link in at the end of the email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) and from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) on the DAA’s website (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/).
10. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an e-mail at info @ imbibemagazine.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
11. Website Visitors Under the Age of 21
Our Website is not intended for people under 21 years of age. No one under age 21 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 21. If you are under 21, do not provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under 21, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under 21, please contact us at info @imbibemagazine.com.
12. Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to opt-out of Imbibe’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request in writing to Imbibe Magazine, 1001 SE Water Ave., Ste 285, Portland, OR 97214. Please note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosure made for non-marketing purposes.
California law also permits residents of California to request and obtain from us once per year, free of charge, a list of the third parties (if any) to whom we have disclosed personal information for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an e-mail to: info @ imbibemagazine.com or by writing Imbibe Magazine, 1001 SE Water Ave., Ste 285, Portland, OR 97214. Requests via telephone or facsimile will not be accepted. The e-mail subject line or mailing envelope and the content of your request must include the phrase “Your California Privacy Rights,” and include your name, e-mail address (if you wish to receive a response via e-mail) or street address, city, state, zip code (if you wish to receive a response via postal mail). Please allow 30 days to receive a response to your inquiry.
13. Data Security
We use commercially reasonable measures to secure your personal information against accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls, and payment transactions are encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
By accessing, visiting and/or using this website, you, the visitor, acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by this Policy. If you do not agree to be bound by this Policy, do not use this website. Imbibe reserves the right to change this Policy at any time by posting an updated copy of this Policy on this website. Your continued use of the Website constitutes agreement to these changes, so please check back frequently. The date this Policy was last modified is identified at the end of this Policy.
15. Contact Information
Imbibe Magazine, 1001 SE Water Ave., Ste 285, Portland, OR 97214
16. Last Revision Date: 3/11/20
Copyright © 2005 – 2020 Imbibe Media Inc.
All rights reserved
Imbibe Media Inc.
1001 SE Water Ave., Suite 285
Portland, OR 97214